gemwon

首页 » default category » Laptop » How to Remove Damaged Screws from Laptop
admin - 2019/9/12 9:15:01

I've got stuck keyboard screw in my T530 - photo. Screw is totally stuck - I tried everything,how could I now remove keyboard? Is it possible to remove keyboard if I drill only the head of screw, or I have to drill out whole screw?  How to remove laptop screws that are stuck?

As a laptop repair beginner, the screw may not be removed due to the lack of a complete repair tool kit or the use of an improper screwdriver.

Way 1: Screwdriver

Use a knife to draw repeatedly on the screw cap, draw a groove, and then use a flat-blade screwdriver to screw out, but manual operation is time-consuming and laborious.

Way 2: Strong glue

If the laptop screw is stripped because of an oversized screwdriver, you can try the following method after changing the correct screwdriver:

The cross-shaped screw is easier to be broken, we can use a flat-blade screwdriver instead.

1. Pad some gauze, paper towel and the like to increase the friction,and then unscrew it. Apply enough pressure and slowly turn the screwdriver until the screw begins to move.

2. Screw the tip of the screwdriver with a strong glue, fill the part that has been twisted with glue, and form a new occlusal surface after drying.

3. Strong glue, after adjusting according to 1:1, the glue is glued to your bad screw cap. The screwdriver can be fixed in the middle of the screw until the glue is dry.

Then try to remove the screws, just make sure not to apply too much glue on the tip, otherwise it may spill and glue the stripped screws into place.

If the screw is peeled off, the screw may be cross-threaded, and if so,the epoxy may be better because it is stronger than the super glue.

Way 3: Professional repair tools

Use some professional repair tools to easily unscrew.

Select a very small drill bit and place it in the middle of the stripped screw. Apply power and pressure slowly, but be sure not to press too hard or open the drill too quickly as this can cause serious damage to the notebook.Occasionally stop the drill bit and use pliers to try to remove the screw.

Electric drill + screw extractor: Prepare the drill and the screw extractor corresponding to the type of screw to be taken. The extractor is rotated with the electric drill assembly, and the screw of the sliding wire is taken out by the friction between the screw of the extractor and the screw.

Note: The drill needs to be reversed and the speed should be slow.

Laptop Repair Kit for Sale:

To avoid damage to the screw damaged head of laptop? In most cases, you will need to use a suitable screwdriver to unscrew the notebook screws. The GEMWON 52-in-1notebook repair kit provides you with a screwdriver of all shapes and sizes, and is equipped with the Burning Pen Solder Iron Tool, your best notebook repair assistant. For More repair tool kit and laptop parts such as laptop keyboard/ laptop fan/DELL adapter/ Toshiba adapter at bulk price please refer to GEMWON mall.

For damaged laptop screws, you can install a smaller or larger Torx drill to the damaged screw head and start spinning. You also can try the Dremel Mini Tool.

to sum up:

For the can't remove laptop screws, there are two main ideas:

1. Reverse the rotation by friction.

2. Drawing the screw a groove and use a flat-blade screwdriver to unscrew it.

Related Articles:

Useful and Easy Laptop Repair Tips

Should I Repair My Laptop or Buy a New One

How Can Buy a Reliable Laptop Battery?

查看完整版本: How to Remove Damaged Screws from Laptop