1#
银光图片

I believe many people will work with MacBook while enjoying food and drinks because of busy work. Maybe one day you will encounter an accident: "I spilled liquid in my MacBook, what do I do now?" You spilled liquid on your MacBook keyboard accidentally, and the liquid damaged the MacBook keyboard or the laptop  screen could not be displayed.

Part 1: What Should You Do

Take first aid steps to save your MacBook

Part 2: Specific Steps for Water Damaged MacBook Keyboard

1.Once the MacBook keyboard is damaged by Liquid, you must unplug the power of laptop immediately and ensure that you do not re-boot before the liquid being processed. Turning on the laptop may cause a short circuit in the water, burn out internal parts, and cause permanent damage to the MacBook.

2. This step is to except liquid in the water damaged keyboard of apple MacBook. Place the MacBook correctly, let the water flow out of the bottom port and the keyboard gap, then remove the battery (some Mac models can’t), use a towel or other dry cloth to wipe the visible liquid outside the MacBook.

Note: Avoid shaking your Mac as this will allow the water that has entered the MacBook to spread further.

3. Like other electronic devices, the internal components of MacBook are very sensitive and can easily get corroded when water spilled on MacBook keyboard.

So, you need to do:

Fill a closed container with enough rice or other moisture-absorbing material, and then put the MacBook in the container for at least 24 hours; you can also choose to put the laptop in a ventilated place, but it takes more time to get rid of moisture.

4. Maybe you want to know: When can I boot to test? I think it depends on the amount of water damage the MacBook keyboard and the composition of the liquid.

• Liquid composition: water or other low-acidity and viscous liquid (milk, tea), the keyboard has a small amount of liquid and is processed in a timely manner, so you can boot to test in the case of the MacBook keyboard has dried up.
  • For example, juices, wines,alcohols, and other high-acid liquids, which enter the interior of the keyboard and remain completely dry, the residue can still corrode internal components.To be on the safe side, please don't boot laptop. I suggest that you send the MacBook that has been water damaged to a professional and reliable service provider for inspection and repair as soon as possible. Because the longer, the more likely the liquid will erode the parts, which will cause more loss.

In the end:

After the liquid enters the inside through the MacBook keyboard, if it is not processed in time, the water will damage the keyboard components, the keyboard may unable to work, and in serious cases will burn the motherboard.This accident usually costing a lot of money to repair MacBook keyboard that has suffered by water, even more than the value of the old machine. So, when you take the right rescue measures in time, you can minimize the loss caused by the liquid damaged MacBook keyboard. If you need to replace the MacBook keyboard, you can consider buying from GEMWON, which may reduce price for repair MacBook keyboard.

Related Articles:

To Find the Most Suitable Laptop Keyboard Cover

How to Remove MacBook Pro Keyboard Keys

Easy Ways to Remove and Clean MacBook Keyboard Keys

MacBook Pro can't turn on and repair