1#

I encountered a question of my friend: "i have had this phone for 2 months and both cameras stopped working. I try opening the app and it instantly dies and goes back to the home screen." I solved the problem that the Samsung camera not working black screen, so I write this post.

Part1: How to Fix Camera Failed on Samsung

1. Use another APP with a camera to test which application can't use camera.

2. Check the camera program

Check if the camera function is working properly. There may be another program that is occupying the camera. It is recommended to check if the software has related settings.

Check which application is using the camera and then force stop or disable it. If it's difficult to determine, stop all active programs or force a stop called privacy-protected applications, which are likely to force your camera to shutdown and cause 'camera failed' on Samsung.

3. Turn the phone off and restart.

Sometimes if you don't restart your phone for a long time, it is easy to generate cache and program conflicts, which may cause some programs to not open and use properly,including the camera. This kind of problem can usually be solved by restarting.

Samsung S9/S9 plus restart: press and hold the power and the down volume button for more than 7 seconds to wait for the device to restart.

4. Clear the cache

Confirm which APP's front camera not working in android, go to Phone Settings - Applications - Click on the problematic program- Clear cached data.

how to clear cache on Samsung:

Find and click[Settings]

Click [Application]

Click on the app you want to clear data

Click [storage]

Click [Clear Data]

After reading the related prompts on the screen, click [Delete]

5.Uninstall Third-Party Apps

If you determine that an app is your issue, get rid of it.

Go to Settings > Application Manager > All and select the app. Choose Uninstall. Or press the app icon for a long time and drag it to the Uninstall option.

6. Backup files and restore to factory settings

If the above four methods cannot solve the problem that the camera does not work, then it is recommended that you restore the phone to factory settings.

In many cases, if your Samsung camera not working after update, you can try to restore the factory settings or wait for the next update.

How to restore the factory settings of Samsung s9:

1. Open Samsung S9's [Settings]- [User & Backup]-[Reset], click[Restore Factory Settings]

2. Click [Reset Device], then click [Delete All] to wait for the factory reset.

Tips:

1. If the password is required to restore the factory settings, please enter the screen lock password you set to unlock.

2. If the "Reactivate Lock" function is enabled, you need to use the Samsung account password to unlock it.

Part2: Back Camera and Flashlight not Working

You need to restart the camera and clear the camera program cache. In general, this may be a camera hardware failed and you need to replace the camera components.

Part3: Replace the Camera Assembly

1. Disassemble Samsung S9/S9+ the same as S8+ and Note 7, and needs heating to soften the adhesive on the back of the fuselage, and then open it with suction cups.

2. Disconnect the cable and remove the rear case.

3. Then unscrew the 16 fixing screws and remove the middle frame of the phone.

4. Next, take out the Samsung S9 plus battery.

5. Rear dual camera and motherboard introduction.

There are fixing screws on the motherboard. After removing it, please pay attention to the cable on the side of the motherboard.

Cable connecting the phone display.

Then, the motherboard can be removed.

6. It is important to note that the Samsung S9+ dual camera is fixed on a circuit board and connected by a set of cables.

7. In addition to the rear dual camera, the Samsung S9 Plus also has a front and iris camera. At this point you can remove and replace the Samsung S9 Plus camera.

The above is about how to solve the camera failed on Samsung. The steps to disassemble the phone may be more complicated. It is recommended to try the previous steps before trying to replace the camera. If you need to buy a new original mobile phone camera, you can buy it online at GMEWON, saving you a lot of camera repair costs.

Related Articles:

How to Fix iPhone 7 Plus Camera not Working

How to Reset Samsung Galaxy S9

How to Replace Samsung S9 Screen