1#
银光图片

I have a 13-inch MacBook Air and the hinge is damaged, which means it will almost fall with the keyboard.Moreover, whenever I adjust it, the hinge makes a shocking sound. How to fix loose hinge on MacBook?

As continues to open and close the screen, the hinges of the laptop may be worn. The main symptom of this problem is that the LCD screen cannot stand upright. The most likely cause is damaged or worn hinges inside the machine.

Why Need to Repair MacBook Hinge?

Hinge repair on laptops does not seem to be a serious problem. However,if the MacBook hinge is broken or damaged, it must be repaired as soon as possible. Otherwise, other components such as screen connections and circuits may be damaged, which will result in high repair costs and also mean that you will not be able to use the MacBook until the screen is fixed.

Check whether the hinge or the screw on the upper cover is loose?

There are two parts to tighten the MacBook hinge:

1) Screws to fix the LCD on the top cover.

2) Screws to fix the hinge on the LCD frame.

For step 1, remove the bottom case and find two rubber covers on the hinge screws that connect the hinge to the top case. I believe they are Torxt 8. Tighten the screws on each side. If the hinge is still not tight, step 2 must be performed.

This requires removing the screws from step 1, and then completely removing the LCD from the top cover. Then you will have to slide down the plastic hinge cover and tighten the pair of screws on each side.

How to Tighten the MacBook Pro Hinge?

Tightening the loose hinge on the MacBook Pro can be done by yourself.Refer to the following steps to complete in a short time.

1. Remove the screws on the bottom of the MacBook Pro

Turn the MacBook upside down to view the screws on the bottom. Remove these screws to lift the lower case out of the computer.

2. Take Off Clutch Cover

You will need to remove the display assembly from the MacBook body. The next step is to take off the clutch cover. This is basically a plastic strip that covers the area where the hinges are. You need to remove this cover to adjust the hinges.

3. Tighten the Hinge Screws

The next step is to actually tighten the hinge screws to solve the problem. These hinge screws will be on both sides of the display.

If these screws are loose, continue to tighten them. If they look worn or damaged, you must purchase new screws.

4. Reassemble the computer

The last step is to put the disassembled parts of your computer back in place. The hinge should have been tightened and the display will open and close.

How Much MacBook Hinge Repair Cost?

The hinge on my MacBook is broken and the repair issue cannot be free because it is out of warranty. Can I buy a new MacBook hinge?

If the MacBook Air shows signs of broken or loose screen hinge, you should take it to an Apple authorized store even if it is not in the warranty, but you will spend huge MacBook hinge repair costs.

GEMWON laptop accessories can provide you with hinges in stock, so you can buy and replace them. Repair involves completely disassembling the LCD display/top cover, including using a sharp knife to separate the display bezel. If you need, we can provide you with a tutorial that provides more detailed information about fixing MacBook hinge. We can save you paying for MacBook hinge repair and reduce the difficulty of disassembly.

GEMWON offer laptop hinge procurement services for all popular brands and models including MacBook and all notebook computers. We have cooperation with many brands of original parts suppliers, so we can help laptop accessories repair store in the fastest and lowest cost.

The Bottom Line:

Although Apple's products have stood the test of time, MacBook laptops and iMac desktop computers still fail from time to time. Unlike Windows PCs or MacBook, Apple computers are more expensive to repair, including minor disassembly and assembly. The above is an affordable solution for MacBook screen hinge replacement. If it can help you, I hope you can share it with more people.

Related Articles:

How to fix MacBook Screen Flickering

How to Repair Toshiba Laptop Hinge

How to Fix Broken Hinge on Laptop