1#
银光图片

White screen on my laptopWhenever I press the "Power button" on my Windows 8.1 laptop it is a white screen and I can not even see my mouse!

Laptop white screen on startup or boot is a common computer problem that bothers many people. There are also other situations of this issue, such as white screen and beeping, with lines or cursor. Whenever this problem occurs, users are unable to use the computer and cannot do anything with it. In this article, we will analysis the reasons for hp laptop white screen of death and list out all the possible solutions.

Part 1: Why Laptop Screen is White/Blank

Part 2: How to Fix White Screen on Laptop

Part 1: Why Laptop Screen is White/Blank

Display Issue: there are a high chance that the display on your laptop is not working properly that causes the white screen of death. To figure out whether it is a broken laptop display, connect laptop to an external display.

Monitor Problem: most of the screen issues can be related to the monitor. So, when the white screen issue occurs, check the monitor is also necessary.

Faulty Graphics Card: a faulty graphic card will lead to screen crash issue. You can test it and try to replace it.

Malware Attack: there is still a chance that your computer is attacked by virus or malware that result in the blank screen problem. Running an anti-virus software to detect the malware and erase it.

Part 2: How to Fix White Screen on Laptop

Way 1: Run Scannow Command

Scannow command is able to detect the computer errors and is a good choice to fix white screen problem.

• Right-click Start menu and choose “Command Prompt” from the list.
  • Enter the command and press enter: sfc/scannow.
  • When the scanning completes, restart your computer to check if the problem is solved.

Way 2: Connect Laptop to External Display

As we have mentioned above, display problem is a major reason for laptop white screen. So It is necessary to connect your laptop to an external display to check this issue.

Way 3: Remove Laptop Battery

This solution seems easy but it is really useful. Many screen problem can be fixed by removing the battery and restart the computer again.

Way 4: Scan Malware and Virus

The malicious software starts along with Windows and it causes your display to go completely white. Since your computer would not boot,you can start it from safe mode and then run the anti-virus software. To boot laptop from safe mode:

• Restart your computer several times from the boot process.
  • Then select Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings. Click “Restart” button.
  • Once the laptop reboots, choose “Safe Mode with Networking”.
  • When the computer boots successfully from safe mode, you can run an application to scan malware.

Way 5: Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete

We know that many system issues can be fixed by simply pressing the shortcut keys. Some people have tried Ctrl + Alt +Delete to fix white screen of death on their laptop and it worked. So, you can also try this method when encountering the same problem.

Tips:

To buy the best and cheapest laptop screen, laptop gemwon will be your first choice. It is an online store that offers the most popular laptop screens at a reasonable price. You are guaranteed to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the product.

Summary:

We have told you 5 easy ways to fix laptop white screen of death on Dell/HP/ASUS/Acer/Lenovo etc. There are still many other solutions you can try from the internet (system restore, update drivers) but the 5 here are the most frequently used ones. If you still have any questions,do not hesitate to contact us.

Related Articles:

How to Fix Laptop Battery Drain Problem

How to Replace Cracked Touch Screen on Laptop

How to Fix Touch Screen Not Working on Windows 10 Laptop